I have been back home for about two weeks now, and really wanted to blog (scream!!) about the plight of the advertising industry here. I have no clue about the nature of the so called advertising executives. The final straw came today (along with the penultimate straw and a whole lot of other straws, it seems to be some kind of straw migration...hyok!!). I saw an advertisement for a seemingly revolutionary kinda toothbrush. Now, there comes to my mind umpteen ideas about how this could be presented properly and efficiently( and of course attractively). The advertising folks here however, came up with this gem of an idea. They showed two toothbrushes, one male and another female talkin about their son, the revolutionary new toothbrush. Now this idea, in its original form is not bad, some real cool things could be done with it. However they decided to do the whole thing where, the parents are talking about how their son can clean germs out of teeth much better and about how his bristles are longer and so on. I am not sure, due to my hindi being rusty at best, but at one point im fairly certain that one parent said to the other "he gets those bristles from you my dear". I mean, oh my dear gods above...what is the world coming to.
Wouldn't it be funny if the same toothbrush family was painted in a different light, for instance, an american light. The toothbrush dad is a drunk and that too an abusive drunk. The toothbrush mom is an exotic dancer and she is the one who makes ends meet. The toothbrush son is a renegade who after extracting the germs from teeth seels them on the green market (green symbolizing germs and stuff like that...what was that? lame joke? oh no...I am being judged...ahh...me scared...me no write long time...ahh go shove it..my blog my path..). Would that not be an interesting alternative to the story that our ad execs came up with. I do however understand why they cannot show such events on public TV.
Advertising as such is sinking with respect to the intelligence that goes into the creation of such ads. However this does not mean that the effectiveness of the ads are going down, since the population in general is becoming dumber by the day, these moronic ads seem to hit the spot.
Do not even get me started on the hindi soaps. I intend to do a huge blog post about that one of these days, gonna collect some pictures from the net and so on, might be fun.
otherwise, am havin a nice time at home. Feels good to revert back to being me.
Magus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment